https://www.engineeringnews.co.za
R/€ = 15.89 Change: -0.08
R/$ = 14.12 Change: -0.06
Au 1277.10 $/oz Change: 1.59
Pt 909.54 $/oz Change: 9.05
 

Topic

Holistic approach to lifting projects saves time, money

By: Shannon de Ryhove     19th April 2019 Germiston-based mobile crane hire company Johnson Crane Hire tells Engineering News that the heavy lifting capacity of the company’s modern mobile crane is transforming industrial project roll-out. “Twenty years ago, our heavy-lift fleet consisted of 350 t mobile cranes, which were the biggest... 

South African foundry involved in product development

By: Jessica Oosthuizen     18th April 2019 South Africa-based foundry and engineering company Thos Begbie is developing a critical furnace component as part of a cooperation agreement with a major Canada-based consulting firm. Thos Begbie sales engineer Esli Bantjes tells Mining Weekly that the development is “top secret” and that the... 

Kusile power plant project, South Africa

By: Sheila Barradas     18th April 2019 Kusile Unit 3 produced first power on April 14. 

Ain Tsila gas/condensate development project, Algiers

By: Sheila Barradas     18th April 2019 The engineering, procurement and construction contract for the project has been awarded. 

Armadale progresses towards DFS, mining permit for Mahenge graphite project

By: Marleny Arnoldi     16th April 2019 Aim-listed Armadale Capital expects a definitive feasibility study or its Mahenge Liandu graphite project, in Tanzania, to be completed in the fourth quarter. Remaining work, including product marketing, developing transport and logistics pathway and a resource update, is under way.  

New Kusile unit powers up, 8 months ahead of schedule

By: News24Wire      16th April 2019 For the first time on Sunday Kusile Unit 3 produced power, according to an internal memo to Eskom staff. According to the note from Eskom's chief operating officer Jan Oberholzer, sent out to staff on Monday, the synchronisation of the unit happened eight months ahead of the scheduled December... 

Israeli researchers print 3D heart using patient's own cells

By: Bloomberg     15th April 2019 Israeli researchers have printed a three-dimensional (3D) heart using a patient’s own cells, something they say could be used to patch diseased hearts – and possibly, for full transplants. The heart the Tel Aviv University team printed in about three hours is too small for humans – about 2.5... 

Rolls-royce And Qatar Airways Use Virtual Reality To Train Engineers

15th April 2019 Rolls-Royce and Qatar Airways are using Virtual Reality (VR) to train engineers, in a first for the two companies. As the number of air passengers is set to almost double by 20361, the industry faces a growing challenge: more engineers need to be trained to maintain and repair a growing number of... 

Invitation for Expression Of Interest (EOI)

By: Creamer Media Reporter      15th April 2019 INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) As part of its Imaloto Power Project development in South West Madagascar, Lemur Holdings is inviting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for Engineering, Procurement, Constructing, Testing and Commissioning of 138kV, Single Circuit Transmission lines and... 

Rio Tinto injects another $302m into Arizona copper project

By: Esmarie Iannucci     15th April 2019 Major Rio Tinto will invest a further $302-million to advance the Resolution copper project, in Arizona. Rio, which owns a 55% interest in the project, and project partner BHP, which owns the remaining 45% interest, have invested over $2-billion on the permit since 2004, including on sinking a... 

Latest News

more

Latest Videos

more

About

Engineering News is a product of Creamer Media.
www.creamermedia.co.za

Other Creamer Media Products include:
Mining Weekly
Research Channel Africa
Polity

Read more

Subscriptions

We offer a variety of subscriptions to our Magazine, Website, PDF Reports and our photo library.

Subscriptions are available via the Creamer Media Store.

View store

Advertise

Advertising on Engineering News is an effective way to build and consolidate a company's profile among clients and prospective clients. Email advertising@creamermedia.co.za

View options
Subscribe Now for $119
Free daily email newsletter Register Now
Subscribe Now for $119 Close