The South African Institution of Mechanical Engineering (SAIMechE) invites interested and suitably qualified persons to apply for the position of General Manager at its office in Observatory, Gauteng, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
The General Manager will take responsibility for the overall business operation of SAIMechE, which includes but is not limited to:
- the financial administration and approval of payments of the Institution.
- the human resource management of the National Office.
- the membership administration of the Institution.
- supporting and promoting the activities of the Institution, including the activities of branches, chapters and specialist sections.
- coordinating the representation of the Institution during discussion of relevant matters at the regional and national levels, including discussions with other Voluntary Associations, the Engineering Council of South Africa, tertiary education institutions, organs of state, etc.
Remuneration: A market related package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- At least a three-year bachelor's degree from an academic university in commerce, science, engineering, technology or management; OR a one-year BTech degree as well as 5 years engineering management experience.
- Experience in financial management, including setting up of budgets and managing income and expenses.
- An interest in and overview of the engineering profession in South Africa.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-discipline and the ability to manage own tasks and goals.
- Be able to manage the tasks and goals of others.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Management-level computer literacy with standard office software and applications.
- South African citizen.
- SAIMechE member in good-standing with a history of service to the Institution.
- A degree, or equivalent in mechanical or mechatronic engineering.
- Work experience in a similar environment, e.g. NGO, Government Department or Agency, institution, engineering company.
- Registered as a Professional with ECSA.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and Pastel.
Please send a letter of application and full resumé to SAIMechE’s CEO (email@example.com), including contact details for at least two references, and your remuneration expectation. Also, in a separate motivation of around 500 words in English, please tell us what you think SAIMechE does as an institution, what values you think are most important to the organisation, and why you think working for SAIMechE would be good for both parties.
Please note that if you do not receive a response to your application within 6 months of applying then your application was unsuccessful.
Deadline for Applications: 10 June 2019.