/ MEDIA STATEMENT / This content is not written by Creamer Media, but is a supplied media statement.
Established in 2003, Sphere is a black-controlled and managed investment holding company looking to grow its diversified portfolio of industrial and business services companies. We have a successful 12 year track record of working with the investors, management teams and founders of our stable of companies to help them build better businesses.
Supported by a professional and experienced management team, blue chip investment institutions and a broad business network, Sphere has grown into a respected mid-sized investment holding company able to leverage its balance sheet to take leading stakes in industrial focused businesses.
Sphere is investing
Sphere wants to buy majority or leading stakes in established unlisted mid-size South African industrial, business services or manufacturing companies valued at R500-million or more.
Through expanding our existing interests or new acquisitions we will grow our already substantial interests in unlisted companies operating in the engineering and maintenance, custom software, industrial packaging, crane & plant hire, rail fastening and industrial applications sectors.
We are looking for companies with strong management that we can support which have high growth potential here and elsewhere in Africa, and which are aligned with our existing portfolio and sector knowledge.
Why partner with Sphere?
• Because we believe in SA’s long-term industrial future we invest our balance sheet for the long-term.
• Empowered and empowering, Sphere’s professional credibility, reputation and active support makes us ideal investment or empowerment partners.
• Our approach is to actively partner with investee company management to provide technical and strategic support, and to strengthen customer relationships which grow the top line and the bottom line.
• Our networks help bridge the gap in trust and understanding between business, state owned enterprises and the state.
• We boast a formidable team of expert business minds with over 80 years of collective investment experience.
• We are 71% black-owned (and 31% women- and 14% community-owned) and are ideally placed to assist other businesses achieve their empowerment goals.
“As investors, Sphere brings us much more than empowerment status. Sphere has been our partner for more than 10 years and has helped us build a major Southern African engineering support services business.” Roger O’Callaghan, CEO – Africa, Babcock International Group
If you are looking to raise capital in these sectors or your business needs a professional and empowered investor with a strong track record, contact us on +27 10 900 4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org