- PVN055 RFQ (0.22 MB)
Refurbishment and potential maintenance of additional pre-owned electrical multiple units (EMUs) and the design, construction and upgrade to the Depot and Required Infrastructure.
Bombela Concession Company (RF) (Pty) Ltd. (“BCC”) entered into a Concession Agreement with the Gauteng Provincial Government to operate and maintain the Gautrain Rapid Rail Link until 27 March 2026.
The Gautrain system comprises 82 route kilometres (km), 25Kv AC electrified and signaled standard gauge track infrastructure of which 15.3 route km is situated underground, 10 stations, one maintenance depot, twenty four (24No.) 4-car Electrical Multiple Units and a bus feeder system.
In line with BCC’s operating plan to increase capacity on the Gautrain system, additional pre-owned rolling stock will be acquired as well as the existing depot expanded to receive and support the additional pre-owned EMUs.
- BCC intends to appoint a Turnkey Contractor/ Consortium to carry out:
- the refurbishment of the additional pre-owned EMUs to be acquired by BCC (either 7 x 4-car EMU sets or 5 x 5-car EMU sets);
- design and construction of tracks and OCDS to stable the additional pre-owned EMUs;
- the design and construction of upgrades to the existing maintenance facilities at the existing depot to maintain the additional pre-owned EMUs as well as the provision of required electrical, mechanical, and specialised equipment and infrastructure to receive, operate, and maintain the additional pre-owned EMUs;
- the design and construction of train control and signaling systems (to be implemented by the appointed Turnkey Contractor/ Consortium via a nominated subcontract with the original supplier of the train control and signaling systems);
- testing, commissioning and verification of the refurbished additional pre-owned EMUs and the other infrastructure designed and constructed by the appointed Turnkey Contractor/ Consortium; and
- at the option of BCC, the maintenance of the additional pre-owned EMUs.
Accordingly BCC hereby invites interested Turnkey Contractors or Consortia to submit proposals to qualify as shortlisted bidders in accordance with the requirements as set out in the Request for Qualification (RFQ) document.
The RFQ document will be issued from 08h00 CAT 12 December 2019 until 16h00 CAT 20 December 2019 upon payment of a bid document fee of ZAR 50000. BCC’s bank details must be requested and proof of document fee payment must be confirmed by email to BCC at email@example.com. The bank details request and deposit reference must be the bidder’s name and the RFQ number of BOM-EXT-TND-12274.
A compulsory briefing session will be held in Johannesburg. The venue and date of the briefing session will be detailed in the RFQ document.
The closing date for the RFQ submissions is 10 February 2020 at 10h00 CAT.
Any enquiries regarding this tender should be directed to BCC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org