https://www.engineeringnews.co.za
Africa|Exploration|Platinum|PROJECT|Operations
Africa|Exploration|Platinum|PROJECT|Operations
africa|exploration|platinum|project|operations

Southern Palladium appoints new nonexecutive director

11th June 2024

By: Darren Parker

Creamer Media Contributing Editor Online

     

Font size: - +

Dual-listed Southern Palladium has announced the appointment of Advocate Lindi Nkosi-Thomas as a nonexecutive director, effective from June 10.

Nkosi-Thomas, a practising lawyer and senior counsel, is a member of the Johannesburg Bar, having been called to the Bar in November 1994. She was conferred the status of silk by then-President Jacob Zuma in 2009.

As senior counsel, she has been involved in various significant litigious matters and has advised State-owned companies and government on numerous large-scale transactions and legal issues.

Between 2006 and 2023, she served as a Judge of the High Court of South Africa on multiple occasions and continues to do so intermittently.

Among her directorships, Nkosi-Thomas serves as chair of Miracle Upon Miracle (MUM) Investments, which owns the rights to the Bengwenyama platinum group metal (PGM) project through a joint ownership structure in which Southern Palladium holds a 70% stake, and the remaining 30% is held by a company wholly-owned by the local Bengwenyama community.

Simultaneously with Nkosi-Thomas’s appointment to the board, Southern Palladium announced that nonexecutive director Geoff Hiller would step down from his role.

Hiller, a founding director of the company, will remain invested in Southern Palladium and continue to provide leadership advice and support as the project shifts from exploration to development.

"Nkosi-Thomas's appointment marks a significant addition to the board at an important juncture, as Southern Palladium progresses toward project development at the world-class Bengwenyama PGM project.

Her career background and current status as a prominent lawyer in South Africa offers a specialist skillset that is complementary to the board's existing strengths. In addition, Nkosi-Thomas’s role as chair of MUM Investments provides her with a strong knowledge base of the company, in terms of both operations and key stakeholder management.

“We look forward to working directly with Nkosi-Thomas at the board level to maintain direct oversight of Southern Palladium's operational and strategic objectives. I wish to [also] give a special vote of thanks to Hiller, who has made an outstanding contribution to Southern Palladium, and I am delighted that he will remain involved even though he is no longer serving on the board," said Southern Palladium chairperson Roger Baxter on June 11.

Edited by Chanel de Bruyn
Creamer Media Senior Deputy Editor Online

Comments

Showroom

JusChek® - Disposable saliva test
Alco-Safe

JusChek® - Disposable saliva test

VISIT SHOWROOM 
Rittal
Rittal

Rittal is a world leading provider of top-quality integrated systems for enclosures, power distribution, climate control, IT infrastructure and...

VISIT SHOWROOM 

Latest Multimedia

sponsored by

Magazine image
Magazine round up | 12 July 2024
12th July 2024

Option 1 (equivalent of R125 a month):

Receive a weekly copy of Creamer Media's Engineering News & Mining Weekly magazine
(print copy for those in South Africa and e-magazine for those outside of South Africa)
Receive daily email newsletters
Access to full search results
Access archive of magazine back copies
Access to Projects in Progress
Access to ONE Research Report of your choice in PDF format

Option 2 (equivalent of R375 a month):

All benefits from Option 1
PLUS
Access to Creamer Media's Research Channel Africa for ALL Research Reports, in PDF format, on various industrial and mining sectors including Electricity; Water; Energy Transition; Hydrogen; Roads, Rail and Ports; Coal; Gold; Platinum; Battery Metals; etc.

Already a subscriber?

Forgotten your password?

MAGAZINE & ONLINE

SUBSCRIBE

RESEARCH CHANNEL AFRICA

SUBSCRIBE

CORPORATE PACKAGES

CLICK FOR A QUOTATION







sq:0.324 0.381s - 192pq - 2rq
Subscribe Now