A thermal flow sensor measurement device enabling users to use only one device for applications which previously required three, has recently been launched.
The device is designed with a larger screen in order to give a large, high-resolution display with greater visibility. The sensor enables measurement of flow, speed, temperature and volume of fluid media with a universal device.
The thermal flow sensor device gives real-time data readings to operators and has applications in a number of industries, including water, oil, mining, pharmaceutical and food and beverage sectors.
The calorimetric measuring principle offers the ability to record media temperature in addition to flow measurement. The device is designed with no moving parts, which minimises the risk of wear and tear.
The OMNIPLUS-F thermal flow sensor measurement device has been launched by Honsberg, a member of the GHM group.
According to GHM Messtechnik South Africa, the local subsidiary of the GHM Group, the special arrangement of sensors in combination with software algorithms aims to make the device one of the fastest and most versatile calorimetric flow sensors on the market.
The integrated IO-link interface enables the digital transfer of measurements and other sensor data, as well as the parameterisation of the sensor, allowing for integration into larger sensor networks. The selection of various process connections aims to offer a solution for nearly every installation situation.
- Flow measuring range of 2 cm/s to 300 cm/s
- Temperature measuring range of -20 °C to about 120 °C
- 2 oC accuracy at a minimum flow speed
- Measurement mediums are water (adjusted), oil (adjusted), other liquids (configurable) and air.
- Pressure resistance up to 200 bar (probe dependent).
- Outputs can be configured for 4 mA to 20 mA or 0 V to 10 V and 2 switches for high / low monitoring conditions are integrated into the sensor.
- Operating voltage of 18 V DC to 30 V DC and a power consumption of less than 150 mA and a 1 °C resolution