/ MEDIA STATEMENT / This content is not written by Creamer Media, but is a supplied media statement.
Interest in the fifth bi-annual international strategic conference on Mozambique Mining, Oil & Gas, and Energy sector (MMEC) is growing at a rapid rate.
Established as the leading strategic conference on Mozambique’s extractive industry since 2008, the event will once again allow access to unrivalled selection of interrelated topics under one roof, the event will feature the long established MMEC expo which will provide a platform for companies & organisations to market their goods & services in Mozambique.
The event which in the previous edition attracted 60 exhibitors and 600 participants from 32 countries, is scheduled to take place in Maputo on the 27th-28th April, Republic of Mozambique at the Joaquim Chissano conference centre and has attracted sponsorship from Anadarko, Sasol, ExxonMobil, GE Oil & Gas, Matola Gas Company, Shell, Servitrade, Standard Bank, Siemens, Statoil, KPMG and Oracle.
Organized under the theme of “Connecting investors, policy makers and industry leaders to drive economic & social development in Mozambique”, the conference will feature over 40 presentations covering Mining, Oil & Gas, and Power sectors as well as panel discussions addressing skills development, regulatory developments, anticipated local content policies and other related issues.
Esteemed speakers to date include, among others:
• Salimo Amad Abdula, President, Intelec Holdings
• Miguel Barreto, Chief Executive Officer, Gesto Italia
• Alexandre Battaglia, Country Manager, Shell Mozambique
• Isaque Chande, Commissioner, CNELEC National Council for Electricity
• Davin Chown, Director, Genesis Eco-Energy
• Gareth Clifton, Mozambique Manager, Kenmare Resources
• Paul Cragg, Project Development Manager, Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd
• Johan de Vo, Managing Director, Gigawatt Moçambique SA
• Venessa Dewing, Head: Multinational Customers and CSI (Express) Sub-Saharan Africa, DHL Express
• Paul Eardley-Taylor, Head of Oil and Gas Southern Africa, Standard Bank
• Mosad Elmissiry, Head of NEPAD Energy Programme, NEPAD
• Ismael Faquir, Managing Partner, Ernst & Young
• Márcio Godoy, Global Director of Coal, Vale
• Paula González de Spencer, Director, ERM Mozambique
• Conrad Hefer, Managing Director, Cresco Project Finance
• Mary Hemmingsen, Global Head: LNG, KPMG
• James M Hughes, Country Manager, Fluor Mozambique
• Walter Kansteiner, Senior Director – Africa, ExxonMobil
• Geert Klok, Managing Director, Grafite Kropfmuehl de Moçambique
• Samuel Levy, Senior Partner, Sal & Caldeira
• Andy Lloyd, Independent Consultant Geologist
• Moises Machava, Head of Engineering and Maintenance, Hidroeléctrica Cahora Bassa
• Werner Maritz, Director, Public Sector & Infrastructure Industry Strategy, Oracle Primavera Global Business Unit
• Miquelina Menezes, Former CEO, Funae
• Omar Mitha, Chairman, ENH
• Barbara Mommen, Chief Executive Officer, Maputo Corridor Logistics Initiative
• Bruno Morgado, Chief Executive Officer, Matola Gas Company
• Pedro Pinto, Partner, African Century Real Estate
• Gary Rademeyer, Director, Norton Rose Fulbright
• Taylor Ruggles, Regional Energy Counselor – Africa, U.S. State Department
• Lourenco Sambo, Director General, Centro de Promoção de Investimentos (CPI)
• James Shepherd, Managing Director, Southern and East Africa, Aggreko
• John Sichinga, Senior Vice President, Sasol Exploration and Production International
• Estêvão Sumburane, Chairman, AGMM
• Ebrahim Takolia, Chief Stratgy Officer, Monetizing Gas Africa
• Al J Tsamba, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Universidade Eduardo Mondlane (UME)
• Amad Valy, Chief Operations Officer, ENH Logistics
• Dave Wilkin, New Opportunity Exploration Manager – Africa, ExxonMobil
• Carlos Yum, Board Member, EDM
MMEC is a unique platform designed for networking with policy makers, investors, and experts in Mozambique’s Mining, Oil & Gas and Power Generation sectors. MMEC 2016 is organised by AME trade ltd in association with ENH, and AGMM.
For further information on MMEC 2016 please visit the MMEC website www.mozmec.com