Combustion Technology’s Boiler System Interface solution helps restore control of equipment and facilities, enabling full management of all boiler house key functions.
Through its 12.1” user-friendly multitouch screen interface, Combustion Technology are able to log on to any equipped site and view all operational boilers and burners in real time.
Using Combustion Technology’s Exhaust Gas Analyser to sample exhaust gases, readings are fed back to the controller. Good emissions indicate good combustion, which translates to reduced fuel consumption, reduced carbon taxes and overall cost savings.
The Boiler System Interface solution allows for up to 10 boilers to be connected on a single site and enables round-the-clock management of a range of functionalities, including:
- All burner functions
- Steam flow metering
- Water level control
- Fuel consumption compared to steam generation
- Fuel pressure
- Ideal emissions (O2, CO2, CO)
How it works
- The Boiler System Interface collects and stores critical data history for up to two years
- Combustion Technology connects to the Boiler System Interface by means of a router built into its control panel
- The central control room monitors all key parameters on a connected plant, 24/7
- Alarms alert Combustion Technology engineers if set points drift off commissioned values
- Interventions are actioned immediately to ensure that the highest efficiencies are maintained at all clients’ boiler plants
The Mk8 Universal Input Output (IO) module logs analogue inputs and outputs when connected through the Boiler System Interface. Digital and analogue inputs and outputs are contained in one unit and can be used for a number of applications.
Analogue signals include:
- Feedwater temperature
- Oil pump pressure
- Steam pressure
- Fuel flow rates
- Feedwater flowrates
Digital signals include:
- Burner status
- Pump status
- Fan status
- Valve status
Benefits of Combustion Technology’s Boiler System Interface solution
- Diagnostics of maintenance and performance issues that could affect boiler downtime or shut-down for unplanned maintenance
- Fuel and water flowmeters monitor actual fuel usage and trend fuel to steam ratios
- Monitoring of emissions that directly relate to fuel consumption
- Emissions management to ensure compliance with national environmental requirements for boiler fuel gas emissions
- 24/7 expert advice from a service provider with a best-practice service level agreement
- Monthly performance reports include data of a system’s overall performance and steam production, as well as recommendations to optimise performance
- Site’s full data history stored for 2 years
- Burner/boiler alarms, lock-out settings and ‘first-outs’ are monitored and timeous email notifications are sent
Combustion Technology provides modern, world-class and highly efficient environment-friendly solutions to meet any combustion and heating challenge.