A state-of-the-art modular steel support system that uses 1-Screw technology, is now available in South Africa.
A first of its kind in Africa, siFramo is a non-welded support system that is designed to be a versatile, multifunctional and high load bearing modular steel support system.
Pioneered by Sikla 15 years ago, it is the only system with 1-Screw technology and is said to save time, money and labour.
- A non-welded steelwork support system for the modular construction of frames and structures, seen as the first real alternative to welding
- Enables multi-directional connection possibilities without the need for through-bolts and back-plates
- The connection method is designed to be simple, fast, reliable and safe
- The entire system is certified according to international standards
- The box section profiles have a high torsional resistance and a fine adjustment capability for connecting members
siFramo is assembled by means of thread forming screws, which are removable and reusable. The non-cutting cold formed threads of the screw form their own threads into the pilot holes of the perforated profiles, allowing for multidirectional connection possibilities without the need for through-bolts and back-plates. The box section profiles have a high torsional resistance and a fine adjustment capability for connecting members and is suitable for a wide variety of structural support applications in hazardous situations.
- Pipe supports
- Plant rooms
- Pipe bridges
- Solar supports
- High voltage conveyors
Sikla asserts that the low thread forming torque and resulting high clamping force, offers superior process-reliable, shake-proof fastening.
Advantages of the siFramo system include:
- Reduced overall project time
- Detailed design later possible and still adaptable
- Cost and time advantages – allowing for quicker and cheaper transportation
- More cost-effective material and installation time
- No skilled staff needed – can be built by one person
- Material readily available
- Can be fabricated almost anywhere
- Weight saving of about 50%, reducing the need for cranes and additional labour
- Instant corrosion protection by means of hot-dip galvanizing
- Static proof testing by means of RStab calculations
- Adjustments and modifications can be made easily
- Reduced impact on the environment
The Sikla siFramo system is available in South Africa from Gismo Installations.