Founded in 1981, Frankwen Forge has grown into a key manufacturing and engineering business. Its quality products and services are used in a number of industries, including the mining, petrochemicals, power generation, marine and general engineering sectors.
Frankwen Forge has a unique and diversified manufacturing facility that offers a large variety of forgings including seamlessly rolled rings, various heat treatment services, deep surface salt bath hardening, rough or final machining as well as operating a special steels division. Frankwen also has a SANAS accredited laboratory on site called Franktech (www.franktechlab.com).
The company’s forging capabilities include:
- Bars or shafts from 100 mm to 850 mm in diameter and up to 7 500 mm in length, either stepped or parallel
- Gear blanks up to 2 000 mm in diameter and 650 mm high
- Various rings up to 2 800 mm in diameter and 650 mm high
- Bushes up to 1 500 mm in diameter and 1 200 mm high
- Forgings from 10 kg to 10 tons
Frankwen Forge heat treatments include the following:
- Normalising up to 8 m long
- Stress relieving sizes up to 8 m x 3 m x 1.5 m
- Annealing up to 8 m long
- Solution heat treatment of aluminium forgings
- Oil and water quench bars up to 7.3 m long and 3 m high
Frankwen Forge keeps up with the latest international standards and testing methods used across various sectors. In addition, the company supports customers by providing technical expertise, including engineering drawings, as part of its overall drive towards customer satisfaction.