Updated 21st July 2021
SRK Consulting is a global group of professional engineers and scientists committed to the success of our clients in sectors including mining, water, energy, environment, and infrastructure – providing sustainable solutions in natural resource development.
We develop and embrace new technologies and methodologies to enhance the quality of our range of specialised services, technical studies and advice, primarily in the fields of engineering and earth sciences. To do this, we attract the best and most experienced staff who work to the highest levels of quality, guided by stringent in-house standards and polices that are based on global best practice.
Working in integrated, multi-disciplinary teams, our experts offer clients both strategic insight and in-depth studies on all vital project elements – to ensure a full and detailed consideration of risks and opportunities to inform decision-making.
Our core business includes pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies, due diligence studies, audits and reviews, as well as designs and specifications for major projects worldwide. We assign experienced project managers to these assignments, who select their project team members from SRK’s technical divisions or from among our network of specialist external consultants – according to the needs of each project.
Projects are run on an interactive basis with the client, which promotes the exchange of ideas and experience between the client and SRK to the benefit of the project. Overall responsibility for design concepts and details is nevertheless retained by SRK.
The integrity of SRK’s work is ensured by its independence as a strictly consultancy organisation, holding no equity or interest in the roll-out of any project – allowing our consultants to provide clients with objective input on all crucial issues, free of any possible conflict of interest.
SRK’s world-wide network – comprising 1,400 specialists in over 45 SRK offices on six continents – allows us to retain close and ongoing contact with clients, including a presence in various parts of Africa – where the group was founded over 40 years ago. Our broad base of expertise is actively shared between offices, giving clients the benefit of the best minds and insights to inform their decisions – irrespective of their geography.
Driven by both professional excellence and entrepreneurial spirit, the staff of SRK are the owners of the entities which make up our global network, further reinforcing their commitment to the success and future of our clients.
SRK’s offers services in: mining and minerals; water and waste; environmental management and engineering; energy; and civil and infrastructural engineering.
Mining and minerals
- Our specialist exploration geologists and mining engineers undertake investigative and project work for the mining of all metals and minerals (opencast and underground), offering a complete mining consultancy service from exploration planning, integrated feasibility studies and economic evaluations to detailed mine design, mine layouts, production scheduling, equipment selection, contract documentation and contract administration services. The team also provides audits, competent persons reports and due diligence, generally performed in connection with project financing (debt), stock exchange listings, mergers, acquisitions and disposals of mining assets. SRK’s rock engineering experts provide specialist services for both surface and underground rock engineering problems, including stability and stress analyses investigations for, and designs of, rock slopes, rock support systems and stabilisation works for shallow undermining.
Water and waste
- Water management. SRK’s multi-disciplined team provides a range of water services in groundwater (including vulnerability, waste site monitoring, contaminant plume modelling), surface water (including specialist investigations, stormwater management, river basin projects, water resource development, flood studies, river training), water quality and water management policies and practice.
- Tailings and waste management. An experienced team offers services in waste disposal operations and pollution control measures for the management of waste disposal operations, instrumentation installation and monitoring, as well as for the development of closure and rehabilitation plans for the all mining and industrial sectors.
Environmental management and engineering
- SRK’s environmental team has wide experience in all aspects of environmental management – from environmental assessment to the social and institutional aspects of environmental management systems planning. The team adheres to recognised principles of integrated environmental management and public participation, and is well-versed in assessment processes, management practices and related legislation. It works closely with SRK experts offering specialist technical services to ensure a fully integrated approach to each project.
- Our in-house capacity brings various disciplines to bear on energy-related projects in various sectors. SRK scientists and engineers provide energy-efficient solutions to industry and mining – incorporating leading-edge approaches and technologies. From energy audits to integrated strategies that improve energy security, our services help clients to manage corporate risk and boost bottom-line performance.
Civil and infrastructural engineering
- SRK’s civil and structural team has the expertise and experience to provide a wide range of services including project management, design, drawing, contract documentation, administration and site inspection for the provision of civil and structural infrastructure to mining, urban, commercial and industrial developments. Specialised structures for the containment and disposal of pollutants have also been developed.
- The company also provides a comprehensive range of geotechnical services, which include feasibility and site selection studies, evaluation of materials handling systems, geotechnical and site investigations, risk evaluations, detailed design and contract documentation as well as project management services.