- Marula Platinum Mine is situated on the eastern limb of the Bushveld Complex, in the province of Limpopo, South Africa, approximately 120 km south of Polokwane and 40 km to the north of Burgersfort. Access to Marula Platinum Mine is obtained via a tarred road from the R37 connecting Burgersfort and Polokwane.
- Eskom has experienced many challenges effecting quality of electricity supply, which has resulted in the reduction of power to Marula Platinum Mine and ultimately effecting production negatively, at the same time the Eskom electricity tariffs have been rising. Given the recent enabling regulatory changes by the Department of Minerals Resource and Energy allowing mining companies to look at alternative self-generation options in order to maintain their production needs and expansions, Marula Platinum Mine has therefore taken a decision to look at options to have alternative power to augment their electricity needs.
OBJECTIVE OF THIS RFI
- The key objective of this RFI is to request information from experienced companies who have the capacity and capabilities to design, finance, supply, construct, commission, operate and maintain a 10 MW Photovoltaic Solar Power Generation Plant at Marula Platinum Mine, including the assessment and advice to the Mine’s management with appropriate information pertaining to the development, land requirement and securing environmental and technical permits of the Photovoltaic Solar Generation Plant.
- No pricing, agreement or proposal will be required during this RFI process. Only information reflected in the SUPPLIER’S PACKAGE below will be required.
- Omission or late delivery of the below required compulsory documentation will lead to disqualification of your company profile from the process.
- To qualify for the next phase of the process, Marula Platinum will take the following into consideration:
- - Legal compliance of the Supplier
- - Experience and capability
- - BBBEE status
- - Track record of social development and local supplier development initiatives around the solar power plants.
- Marula Platinum Mine reserves the right to determine which companies proceed to the next phase in the process without furnishing reasons for its decision.
- This RFI does not constitute a commitment, implied or otherwise, that Marula Platinum Mine will take procurement action in this matter.
- Marula Platinum Mine will not be responsible for, or pay for any expenses or losses which the Supplier may incur in the preparation of this RFI.
COMPULSORY DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED IN THE SUPPLIER’s PACKAGE
- Cover Letter
- Company registration documents (CIPC Documents)
- Shareholders Certificate & Director’s ID documents
- Valid BBBEE Certificate, detailing percentage black-owned, woman-owned and/or youth-owned.
- Valid VAT Registration Certificate
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- Letter of Good Standing (Department of Labour-Compensation Fund)
- Comprehensive Company Profile
- Experience: A list of current and completed projects for solar plants 10 MW and above, detailing client, contact person, contact details, duration of contract and Supplier specific involvement in the project
- • Accreditations
- • Local partnerships (detail if willing to enter into a partnership with local host community supplier(s) )