Updated 18th April 2023
The group operates 32 branches throughout Southern Africa having started in Kimberley, where operations jointly began with Cape Town under the Lloyd & Lloyd name in 1898, later to be known as Stewarts & Lloyds (South Africa) Limited in 1903. The name is still synonymous with excellent service and good quality products.
These include light and general engineering, mining, rural water, chemical, petro-chemical, automotive, agriculture, water reticulation, building and construction, fire protection and local authorities. Retail outlets at each branch sell a range of pumps, generators, wire, valves, irrigation, fencing, and industrial hardware.
With people being the most important aspect of the business, Stewarts and Lloyds have realized the importance of motivating and retaining staff and as such have invested extensively in training. In addition to product training, courses in management, external and internal sales, warehousing and financial are offered with all staff encouraged to attend.
In celebrating its centenary, the company, now privately owned, having been purchased by Stockwell from Barloworld in 2002, is pleased to announce good growth in all products in the extensive range.
Stewarts & Lloyds