Proudly South African company, SBS® Tanks, has been a leader in the water security space for almost 25 years. The company has a legacy of building for better and is well-positioned to work with consultants, engineers, government and municipal leaders to ensure that the mandate of access to water for all is achieved quickly.
“As an established company with a local manufacturing facility, we are able to respond quickly. Our SBS water storage tanks can deliver lifegiving water to a community in a matter of days,” says Mava Gwagwa, Director: New Business Development, SBS® Solutions SA, a level 2 BBBEE company. “SBS tanks can be installed in very remote areas and do not require access roads to be built beforehand. Our tanks are modular and can be constructed in a matter of days and commissioned immediately.”
“Rugged terrain and harsh environmental conditions are no challenge for our installation team and SBS Tanks. There are no heavy equipment or machinery requirements onsite, and the panels and fittings can be transported to the site on off-road vehicles or even carried where necessary. As a company, SBS is also ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 compliant and SANS 10160 accredited.
From donating water storage tanks, developing modular products and elevated solutions, improving the speed of installation and commissioning of reservoirs, to providing effective liner solutions for existing ageing infrastructure, SBS has worked in partnership with consulting engineers, infrastructure development teams and agencies, national government, and regional municipalities, to deliver effective, durable, and low-maintenance water storage solutions across South Africa.
SBS® Zincalume® Steel panel water reservoirs offer the following benefits:
- Rapid installation and immediate commissioning – no lengthy build and curing time
- An extended lifespan expectation of 65 years
- Over 500 sizes with a variety of uses from potable to effluent and process water storage
- Liquids are stored in a liner, reducing the risk of corrosion of steel panels and leaks
- Liners carry a 10 year no leak warranty
- Capacities from 7000 litres to 4.4 million litres
- In projects where mass storage is required, multiple SBS tanks can be installed and connected, allowing for fast and continuous water supply to communities, even during routine system maintenance ensuring ongoing service delivery.
- Engineering, project management support and after-sales service from a trusted and reliable partner.
At a time when most businesses are purely profit-driven, SBS has continued to support the development of infrastructure for rural communities, working to empower local communities, employing local service providers and labour for site preparation, and offering skills development training. In partnership with municipalities and SALGA, SBS regularly donates water security solutions that build for better resulting in the provision of essential water supply to and schools and communities.
“At SBS we believe in doing good while doing good business. Helping municipalities and government deliver on the mandate to bring access to water to communities brings hope for a better tomorrow for all,” says Gwagwa. “We are proud of the fact that our water storage tanks have been installed across South Africa, into Africa and across the world. SBS can confidently say that we make a difference – fast.”