An enhanced and expanded line of EA-PS and EA-PSI programmable direct current (DC) power supplies, EA-PSB bidirectional DC power supplies, and EA-ELR regenerative DC electronic loads has recently been introduced.
EA Elektro-Automatik’s 10000 series includes over 180 new models offering a greater range of power from 0 W - 600 W to 0 W - 30 kW. The models provide extended voltages from 0 V - 10 V to 0 V – 2 000 V, a significant increase over the 9000-series power instruments and providing output current as high as 1 000 A.
Products available include:
- Power supply EA-PS 10000 models in 4U, 3U and 2U form factors
- Power supply intelligent EA-PSI 10000 models in 4U, 3U and 2U form factors
- Power supply bidirectional EA-PSB 10000 models in 4U, 3U and 2U form factors
- Electronic load regenerative EA-ELR 10000 models in 4U, 3U and 2U form factors
- The new series offers a range of benefits, such as:
- The common programming and user interface saves test development and setup time when building test systems that have requirements for multiple power instrumentation.
- Access to a wider range of voltages and currents enabling engineers to test more applications without the need for multiple power level supplies.
- The EA-PSI supplies, EA-PSB supplies, and EA-ELR loads all have a built-in function generator to allow creation of complex signals riding on a DC bias and to simulate the characteristics of various devices such as solar cells, batteries and fuel cells.
- Reduced power consumption and greater than 96% energy recovery
- Active power factor correction, typically 0.99, to minimize the power drawn from the power grid. In addition, EA-PSB bidirectional power supplies and EA-ELR electronic loads employ regenerative circuitry to return energy back to the grid with up to greater than 96% efficiency.
- Communicates to PCs and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). PC interfaces include Ethernet, USB, and RS-232, while PLC interfaces include CanBus, Profibus, ModBus, Profinet, and EtherCat, among several other interface options.
- Test engineers can parallel up to 64 of the 10000 series power supplies and loads using the Master-Auxiliary bus to enable one instrument to control all instruments in the system.
EA Elektro-Automatik’s EA10000 series of enhanced performance, autoranging, bidirectional and regenerative programmable DC power products are available from Vepac Electronics.