A range of laser multi-function printers has been updated with a number of new features, promising improved efficiency and ease-of-use.
Aspects of the upgraded printer range include a 5-inch liquid crystal display touchscreen for one-touch control of printing tasks, such as:
- displaying messages
- print stored forms
- scan to email
- copy documents
The i-SENSYS range from Canon also promises easier and quicker cartridge handling, with smart toner cartridges that have an auto-seal removal to avoid toner staining hands and documents.
The printers can be personalised and function buttons can be customised, with the use of an application library. The printer is set up with a smartphone-like touchscreen and an on-screen keyboard.
The home screen display allows the order of displayed application shortcut buttons to be changed. Printer shortcuts can be tailored to a users’ specific needs, such as medical, retail or office environments.
Five new applications have been added, namely:
- Automatically name scanned documents and send them to pre-assigned folders
- Enhance the text quality of scanned copy with one touch
- Change the language of the touch screen display
- Fax and store a copy of the sent document in a specified location
- Access the application library setting guide, remote user interface description and user manual link at the touch of a button
Additional security features have also been added, such as:
- A ‘Verify System at Startup’ function that blocks unauthorised firmware or software from being installed and run, in an effort to prevent security threats
- Secure Personal Identification Number printing
- Universal Login Manager and uniFLOW compatibility, to facilitate end-to-end document and data protection
- Only an authorised user can access documents, with secured sharing of documents across a wired or wireless network