Permaconn communication solutions provide a private and secure network, which ensures alarm signals are securely delivered from the protected premises to the monitoring centre. Providing the perfect solution for residential estates, the Permaconn PM54 is an industry-first connectivity solution that combines an alarm communicator with a high-speed 4G router and Wi-Fi hotspots.
The Permaconn PM54, which will be released by the Elvey Group in the next few months, provides secure communication for all network-ready devices including intruder alarms, IP cameras, access control systems, telematics and IoT devices. All the alarm, router and hotspot features of the PM54 work simultaneously and can be easily powered from an alarm panel. Installation and activation are plug-and-play, with full remote configuration over 4G or IP via Permaconn’s ATLAS management portal.
“The PM54 is not only ideal for use in a permanent residence but is also the perfect solution for a holiday home where you may not necessarily require an entire alarm system, a monitoring function or a connection to a control room. Holiday homes typically don’t have a Wi-Fi or fibre connection, but the PM54 provides you with Wi-Fi and video monitoring facilities at the holiday home, that you can use for security, or self-monitoring and management of security,” says Zane Greeff, product lead at the Elvey Group.
In essence, the PM54 provides users with self-contained network connectivity via 4G (LTE) and can connect to most existing alarm systems, giving users the functionality to not only monitor when their alarm has been activated, but also controlling the alarm by remotely arming and disarming it. “This is especially useful if you have cleaning staff who need to gain access to your premises, as you can provide remote access via an app on your phone. You can also activate a surveillance camera to verify the identity of the worker, via the same app,” says Greeff.
In a permanent residence, multiple PM54 units can be connected to one app, allowing the homeowner to control their own security system by opening and closing gates; activate and deactivate alarms; and use the system to provide a visual overview of what is happening at their premises.
“By connecting the PM54 to your DVR or NVR, you will gain complete control over the video system, allowing you a full backup to access it even during power failures. This is possible because the PM54 is connected to a 4G network and powered by an alarm battery backup system,” says Greeff.
Key features of the PM54 include:
- Easy to use: Plug and play install with remote configuration over 4G/IP using Permaconn’s Atlas platform
- Full control and monitoring of the PM54 from Permaconn’s encrypted Atlas platform
- Links to Permaconn App with alarm signals, control and video images in a single app
- Secure, high-speed 4G: Lets user view high-definition CCTV in real-time
- Enhanced connectivity: Allows extension of user’s networks and provides a 4G fall-back if their primary IP connection fails
- Upload/download: Remote alarm panel programming (supports all panels in South Africa)
- Three network ports
- All-in-one alarm radio, with full contact ID reporting
- Built-in serial interface
- Automatic failover/failback to second cellular SIM, Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- Supports full control and bypassing of zones on DSC Power series panels
- Can control gates and lights and ancillary equipment via outputs
- Can monitor ancillary equipment via inputs.