When pumping liquid or concentrated products, the pump and piping solutions installed throughout are often the backbone network of numerous industrial and manufacturing applications - and what keeps the material (or product) flowing throughout the entire processing operation. Achieving perfect results every time requires a well-engineered pumping system that is designed to deliver a smooth, reliable flow for all circumstances.
What’s pumping life into the backbone of your plant?
Consider, for example, that a poorly designed pumping system can lead to high consumption of power and premature wear or failure of components in the system, as this is not isolated to the pump itself and can affect instrumentation, piping, valves and ancillary equipment, too. Possibly the worst-case scenario being a complete plant stoppage.
Additionally, excessive breakdowns will increase the risk to personnel as emergency repairs will have to be carried out over and above routine planned maintenance. It should also be noted that any of these possible scenarios are guaranteed to increase labour costs and inventory of spare parts, leading to production costs being driven up.
It’s not uncommon in the pump industry to neglect interrogating the total cost of ownership prior to making a purchasing decision, and too frequently a purchasing decision is made based on price alone. However, the purchase price of a pump is generally not greater than 15% of the total cost of ownership when considering all the cost drivers associated with transporting materials (or product) in pumping systems over the lifetime of the pumping equipment.
As selecting the right pump for the application is the first step to a well-engineered pumping system, the pump should instead be selected based on the following considerations:
- Chemical compatibility of materials of pump construction to the product being pumped
- The pump design or technology should be suitable for the product being transported
- Suitable pump design for the duty cycle required
- The pump itself and the system design must allow for efficient operation – that the pump is selected to operate at the best efficiency point on the performance curve
- All pipe work is designed around correct velocities to minimise head losses
- Power supply is adequately sized, and correct switch gear is utilised
- The correct valves are in the system – and in the correct positions
Verderair: Aerating the competition
Verderair is a core Verder Group product. Manufactured in the European Union, the series of Verderair double diaphragm pumps are available with specified food grade certificates, solid machined heavy-duty pumps, hygienic series, and electric driven double diaphragm pumps. Used for pumping a variety of fluids, these pumps are the best solution for applications that are abrasive or corrosive in nature, as well as very sticky and viscous liquids, or liquids containing solids.
The quick acting air valve technology makes the Verderair double diaphragm pumps the most efficient diaphragm pump series in the market, and fit-for-purpose for solving pumping problems across industries - including chemical manufacturing, food production, environmental remediation, chemical and processing industries, as well as general manufacturing and Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) - while boasting increased productivity, reduced operational costs and an improved working environment.
Benefits of using a Verderair double diaphragm pump
Verderair double diaphragm pumps are reliable and require less maintenance and less downtime. The three core elements of every Verderair pump are:
- Increased productivity: This is achieved through higher flow rate and low 'pressure drop' when the liquid passes the pump chamber. This creates a smoother flow and increased efficiency in pumping the liquid. The diaphragms also have a special profile which is designed for an extremely long working life and requires less maintenance.
- Reduce operational costs: Achieved through lower air consumption, the quick-acting air valves are very fast in changing direction. This means no compressed air enters the air chamber when the stroke has completed, and the used compressed air is removed with almost no restrictions. The compressed air is only used to move the liquid.
- Improved working environment: Personnel being exposed to constant and excessive noise in the work environment is a growing health and safety concern. The Verderair pumps promote less noise levels. By using all the compressed air, the pump makes less noise and the risk of freezing the exhaust is reduced.
Topping the range of the Verderair double diaphragm pump series and specs
- Verderair AODD - Standard
- The allrounder of the AODD pumps is available in a wide range of different materials suitable for different industries and applications
- Its quick acting air valve technology guarantees highest efficiency
- Bolted chambers for safe operation and easy maintenance
- Anti-ice mufflers are standard on the HE range
- Over moulded diaphragms available for longer lifetime
- Verderair EODD
- The allrounder, but electrically driven
- Same liquid parts as the VA range of pumps
- Long life-time diaphragms due to centre section technology
- Can stall against closed discharge
- Low pulsation mode
- Verderair PURE
- Top level AODD Pumps
- Machined out of 100% pure PTFE or UHMW PE
- Solid design for perfect pressure holding and limited vibrations
- 100% oil and grease-free air valve
- Available with several safety options
- No metal wetted or external parts
- Verderair Hi-Clean
- The performer for food and beverage as well as pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications
- Standards according to EN1935/2004 & FDA
- Pumps come with various certification such as ATEX, EC1935/2004, FDA, 3A, CE, USP, ClassVI, etc.
- Strip cleaning: Fast disassembly
- Clean-in-place (CIP)/Sterilise-in-place (SIP)
- DIN 11851 or Tri-Clamp connections
- 3.2μm – 0.8 μm polished surface finish
Understanding the intricate and technical details and implications of selecting the right pumping solutions for specific use applications can be challenging; however, it is an important purchase decision as maintaining production and efficiency largely depends on the longevity of the equipment. Lower lifecycle costs of the equipment translates into higher productivity and efficiency, cost savings and even return on investment/profit ratios in the long run. And, by providing all the necessary qualifying information upfront offers added assurance that the pump manufacturer will be able to supply the right solutions that are long-lasting, cost-effective and energy efficient – because they are 100% fit-for-purpose for the application.
Address: 197 Flaming Rock Ave Northlands Business Park, Newmarket Rd, Northriding, Randburg, 2162
Phone: 011 704 7500
LinkedIn: Verder Pumps SA