A new Black tech company ‘Beyond VR’, has recently been established by three young professionals - Katlego Mokonyama, Themba Mtanase & Lebogang Mokonyama. A true rarity in South Africa, Beyond VR is a black youth-owned tech company that uses state of the art immersive tech to create content for personal consumption and industrial application.
Beyond VR creates simulated experiences as exact replicas of real spaces and objects, which are presented as an alternative to the world we live in, using immersive tech. Beyond VR looks to fill a massive digital gap between companies and both their potential, and current markets.
“Looking at the current state of the world, it's our goal to ensure that we put in place technological advancements that will enable consumers and companies alike to adapt to the ever changing, ever evolving world we live in,” says Beyond VR CEO Katlego Mokonyama.
With the current pandemic and the digital opportunities that come with the recent introduction of 5G considered, Beyond VR structures its efforts to meet the needs of the following industries:
- Architecture: Simulated property launches, architectural presentations, property models and virtual displays.
- Automative: Simulated test drives, driving lessons and motor shows.
- Travel: Virtual guided tours of your vacation or holiday destination from the push of button.
- Entertainment: Simulated meditation sessions, live events.
- Education: Simulated classroom environment.
Through the implementation of immersive technology, Beyond VR aims to introduce an innovative solution to re-imagine our comprehension of reality in order to bring our society into the future.
"We have set our eyes on revolutionising the African tech space by creating exceptional digital content, and we hope our efforts empower and inspire marginalized individuals," concludes Mokonyama.