R/€ = 15.10 Change: -14.95
R/$ = 13.86 Change: -13.72
Au 1269.18 $/oz Change: 0.31
Pt 967.50 $/oz Change: 2.50

Natasha Odendaal

Natasha Odendaal

Natasha Odendaal is Creamer Media Deputy Editor Online for Engineering News and Mining Weekly.

Tel: +2711 622 3744


Cashless ticketing system proposed for Gauteng’s taxis

28th October 2016 The South African National Taxi Council’s commercial arm TaxiChoice this month unveiled its new cashless e-ticketing system for minibus taxis that contributes to the formalisation of the industry and its employees. The new FairPay electronic fare collection system, which was lauded by Gauteng... 

Creecy lauds Gauteng’s successful open-tender ‘experiment’

28th October 2016 The Gauteng provincial government’s (GPG’s) move to implement an open tender process for the procurement of goods and services above R50-million has been a success and the provincial government is preparing to extend the process to all tenders by the 2018/19 financial year. The GPG in the 2014/15... 

National Gazelles opens accelerator programme to SMEs

27th October 2016 National Gazelles, a small and medium-sized (SME) business growth accelerator programme, has opened a new applications window for SMEs wanting to join the programme. National Gazelles, which is a partnership between the Small Enterprise Development Agency and the Department of Small Business... 

Small business needs to focus on digital overhaul

27th October 2016 The rapid rise of technology and the digital revolution are increasingly pushing small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to undertake a digital and creative transformation. However, a lack of access to, and knowledge of, information technology (IT) are holding these businesses back, with the... 

SAP opens new co-innovation lab to bolster relevant innovation

26th October 2016 South Africa has become home to enterprise application software firm SAP’s seventh Co-Innovation Lab, or ‘Coil’, aimed at promoting innovative, locally relevant solutions through the unification of different ideas, tools and technology. The new lab, ceremoniously opened in Sandton, on Wednesday,... 

Hyprop subsidiary in €92m south-east Europe deal

25th October 2016 Hyprop Investments’ 60%-owned UK-based subsidiary Hystead has acquired Skopje City Mall, in Macedonia, south-east Europe, from Balfin Finance for €92-million. Hystead, in which PDI Investment has the remaining 40% stake, now owns three properties in the region, in line with Hyprop’s Europe strategy. 

CRG secures $240 000, initiates Mill 1

25th October 2016 Dual-listed Central Rand Gold (CRG) is currently building up its Mill 1 to full capacity, following the completion of its installation. Following mechanical performance issues and a year-end failure CRG replaced Mill 1 with a newly installed and fully refurbished mill, which was acquired from Jet... 

Kefi advances talks with govt for Tulu Kapi’s development

25th October 2016 Aim-listed Kefi Minerals on Tuesday said progress is being made in ongoing discussions with Ethiopia’s government and development bank as work advanced on its flagship Tulu Kapi gold project. Negotiations with the Development Bank of Ethiopia, which this year completed an evaluation process of... 

Kumba posts double-digit rise in Q3 production

25th October 2016 JSE-listed Kumba Iron Ore’s restructure of its Sishen Iron Ore Company is bearing fruit as the iron-ore producer delivered a double-digit surge in production for the third quarter of the year. Production for the three months to September 30 increased 33% quarter-on-quarter and 3% year-on-year to... 

Amplats expects lower production impact from Waterval furnace rebuild

25th October 2016 JSE-listed Anglo American Platinum (Amplats) has narrowed the estimated production impact of the Rustenburg-based Waterval smelter’s unplanned shutdown of furnace one to around 75 000 oz. The run-out of molten furnace matte at the smelter on September 10, which slashed some 20% of the company’s... 

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next Last


Engineering News is a product of Creamer Media.

Other Creamer Media Products include:
Mining Weekly
Research Channel Africa

Read more


We offer a variety of subscriptions to our Magazine, Website, PDF Reports and our photo library.

Subscriptions are available via the Creamer Media Store.

View store


Advertising on Engineering News is an effective way to build and consolidate a company's profile among clients and prospective clients. Email

View options
Subscribe Now for $119 Close