- PurgEye® (0.04 MB)
Company Announcement - Developed for the process industries the portable PurgEye® 200 Weld Purge Monitor® meets the needs of higher welding specifications requiring oxygen levels down to 10 parts per million (ppm). Weld Purge Monitors® are an essential instrument to help obtain non-oxidised, zero colour welds. Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT®’s hand held, rechargeable battery driven PurgEye® 200 model is totally waterproof and dustproof, has warning icons appear on the large screen to show low battery, low sensor conditions and also displays oxygen readings in % or ppm very accurately down to 10 ppm. It is probably the lowest cost Weld Purge Monitor® of its kind even though it contains an internal electromechanical pump for drawing samples of purge gas automatically over the sensor before discharging it to the atmosphere.
The lifetime sensor eliminates the need for changing cells once every year or so, as is the case with wet cell instruments. Alarm signals can be given by the PurgEye® 200 to show when the oxygen level is within or outside the required range for perfect weld joints.
The Argweld® PurgEye® ‘Family Range’ of Weld Purge Monitors® comprises:
• Inexpensive PurgEye® 100 IP65 hand held unit for measuring down to 100 ppm.
• PurgEye® 300 Nano, the worlds first and only super low cost, basic, no frills Weld Purge Monitor® measuring accurately down to 10 ppm.
• PurgEye® 300 that accurately measures free flowing gas down to 10 ppm and less. This model comes with software for data logging and alarm level settings.
• PurgEye® 500 that uses an internal electromechanical pump to draw the gas across the sensor as well as having software for data logging and alarm level settings.
• PurgEye® 600 which is a computer controlled model measuring from atmospheric oxygen level all the way down to 10 ppm accurately, in one instrument.
• PurgEye® 1000 which has a remote sensor for accurately measuring oxygen levels down to 10 ppm and up to 1 km between the measuring point and the instrument itself.
Huntingdon Fusion Techniques HFT® developed the Weld Purge Monitor® in 1975 and have since been given the European Economic Community Registered Trade Mark Status ®.
Edited by: Creamer Media Reporter
EMAIL THIS ARTICLE