The Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud-based technologies are being used to provide predictive solutions for electrical distribution system management and critical data centre assets.
Asset Advisor services offer the potential to anticipate and address issues before they become critical incidents, mitigating safety risks, avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing operational losses and maintenance interventions.
The solution evaluates live data from customers’ environments and applies artificial intelligence and advanced analytics to identify potential threats. The data can be used by customers to decide on a course of action.
Schneider Electric announced the availability of its EcoStruxure Asset Advisor as part of the company’s IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. The company states that advances in connectivity, sensor technology and analytics have created opportunities for the development of proactive facility management solutions.
EcoStruxure Asset Advisor’s potential benefits include:
- Increased safety: early equipment failure warnings improve security of assets and personnel safety
- Greater operational performance: reduced unscheduled downtime, increased asset life and a more consistent maintenance plan
- Financial efficiency: reduced failure risk and improved ownership and maintenance costs
- Industry leading expertise: 24/7 monitoring of critical devices
- The EcoStruxure Architecture
EcoStruxure is an open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. It aims to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability and connectivity. It uses advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics and cybersecurity to deliver greater innovation from connected products, edge control to applications, analytics and services.