Construction company Group Five on Thursday said it remained committed to fully cooperating with the Competition Commission to expedite the conclusion of the investigation into its Senekal project.
On January 18, the Competition Tribunal dismissed Group Five's application to access documents contained in the commission's investigation record into the project.
“We sought access to meaningfully respond to the allegations contained in the commission's complaint and, while it had been dismissed, the tribunal acknowledged that we were well within our rights to bring the application and assert ourselves on the unclear points of law relating to access to the commission's investigation record,” the company said in a statement.
While Group Five's approach was to cooperate with the competition authorities to reach finality in the process, it said it nevertheless considered the tribunal's decision unclear on certain points of law.
In this context, the construction firm was appealing the decision to seek further clarity in relation to the issue of access to the commission's record, which “was required to enable Group Five to properly protect the interests of the company and all stakeholders”.
“Though the Competition Appeals Court has not yet allocated a date to this matter, we believe this will be done in due course,” the company added.