Nov 15, 2012
Gautrain introduces new bus routes, stopsBack
Johannesburg|Pretoria|ABSA Bank|Building|Denel|Gautrain|Road|Roads|Rosebank|Shell|System|Boston College|Centurion Station|Denel Irene Campus|Emperors Palace|Gautrain|Melrose Arch|MIDRAND STATION|Park Station|Pretoria Station|Reef Hotel|RHODESFIELD STATION|Rosebank Station|Shell Garage|Waterfall Estate Hospital|Service|Gautrain|Francis Baard|Gautrain|Harrison|Johannes Ramokhoase|Lilian Ngoyi|Marshall
© Reuse this
Bombela said “these enhancements” were the result of customer feedback. It added that the changes would enable the Gautrain system to “better serve its customers”, while also attracting new users.
Routes and stops from the following stations were on the cards:
2. Rosebank Station to Killarney. This was a new route that would be added to the Gautrain network.
3. Rosebank Station to Melrose Arch. New stops were to be added at Sascoc, in Atholl Oaklands.
4. Rhodesfield Station to Emperors Palace, which was another new route to be added to the network.
5. Midrand Station to Noordwyk. New stops to be added at the Unisa School of Business Leadership, Janadel avenue; 6th & 5th roads; 6th road opposite Shell garage; 14th road and Skurweberg street.
6. Midrand Station to Sunninghill. New stops to be added at Maxwell drive and Allandale road; as well as at Waterfall Estate Hospital.
7. Centurion Station to Technopark. New stops to be added at Eco Fusion; Nellmapius drive and Sand street; and Denel Irene Campus, Nellmapius drive.
8. Pretoria Station to Pretoria central business district. New stops to be added at the Nursing Academy, Struben & Lilian Ngoyi (formerly van der Walt) streets; Sisulu (formerly Prinsloo) and Johannes Ramokhoase (formerly Proes) streets; Francis Baard (formerly Schoeman) and Du Toit streets; Francis Baard (formerly Schoeman) and Meintjies streets; Troye and Park streets; Kotze and Jubilee streets; and Kotze and Inez streets.
9. Pretoria Station to Groenkloof. This was another new route.
10. Hatfield Station to Queenswood. New stops to be added at OR Tambo Building, Soutpansberg street; and Soutbansperg and Gordon roads.
Another new development within the Gautrain system was a park-and-ride facility which would be introduced at Emperors Palace. This would allow passengers to park their cars and board a Gautrain bus to Rhodesfield Station, which was increasingly facing capacity constraints at its parking facility.
Gautrain users can download detailed bus routes and maps on the Gautrain website at www.gautrain.co.za, or contact the Gautrain Call Centre on 0800 428 87246 for further information.
Edited by: Creamer Media Reporter© Reuse this Comment Guidelines (150 word limit)
Other Transport & Logistics News
Updated 3 hours ago Throwing open a process often criticised for its lack of transparency and frequent irregularities, the Gauteng Provincial Government (GPG) for the first time on Wednesday opened the adjudication of a tender to the public, describing it as an effort to improve...
Updated 4 hours ago Domestic new vehicle sales in March, at 55 449 units, inched up a mere nine units compared with the same month last year. Statistics released by the Department of Trade and Industry on Wednesday showed that new passenger car sales declined by 3% in March, to 35 548...
Updated 2 hours 59 minutes ago State-owned power utility Eskom and Public Enterprises Minister Lynne Brown confirmed on Wednesday that contracts under the so-called short-term power purchase programme (STPPP) had been renewed ahead of the March 31, 2015, expiry date. Eskom told Engineering News...
Updated 3 hours ago The value of copper stolen in February decreased to R12.7-million, from R12.9-million in January, but was 18.1% higher than the value of copper stolen in February 2014, the South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Sacci) revealed on Wednesday. In its latest...
Updated 3 hours ago Paper and packaging group Mpact has concluded a broad-based black-economic empowerment (BBBEE) deal that will see a purpose-formed trust subscribing for 10% of the ordinary issued shares in group subsidiary Mpact Operations, which holds its South African businesses....