Nov 15, 2012
Gautrain introduces new bus routes, stopsBack
Johannesburg|Pretoria|ABSA Bank|Denel|Gautrain|Road|Roads|Rosebank|Shell|System|Boston College|Centurion Station|Denel Irene Campus|Emperors Palace|Gautrain|Melrose Arch|MIDRAND STATION|Park Station|Pretoria Station|Reef Hotel|RHODESFIELD STATION|Rosebank Station|Shell Garage|Waterfall Estate Hospital|Gautrain|Francis Baard|Gautrain|Harrison|Johannes Ramokhoase|Lilian Ngoyi|Marshall
© Reuse this
Bombela said “these enhancements” were the result of customer feedback. It added that the changes would enable the Gautrain system to “better serve its customers”, while also attracting new users.
Routes and stops from the following stations were on the cards:
2. Rosebank Station to Killarney. This was a new route that would be added to the Gautrain network.
3. Rosebank Station to Melrose Arch. New stops were to be added at Sascoc, in Atholl Oaklands.
4. Rhodesfield Station to Emperors Palace, which was another new route to be added to the network.
5. Midrand Station to Noordwyk. New stops to be added at the Unisa School of Business Leadership, Janadel avenue; 6th & 5th roads; 6th road opposite Shell garage; 14th road and Skurweberg street.
6. Midrand Station to Sunninghill. New stops to be added at Maxwell drive and Allandale road; as well as at Waterfall Estate Hospital.
7. Centurion Station to Technopark. New stops to be added at Eco Fusion; Nellmapius drive and Sand street; and Denel Irene Campus, Nellmapius drive.
8. Pretoria Station to Pretoria central business district. New stops to be added at the Nursing Academy, Struben & Lilian Ngoyi (formerly van der Walt) streets; Sisulu (formerly Prinsloo) and Johannes Ramokhoase (formerly Proes) streets; Francis Baard (formerly Schoeman) and Du Toit streets; Francis Baard (formerly Schoeman) and Meintjies streets; Troye and Park streets; Kotze and Jubilee streets; and Kotze and Inez streets.
9. Pretoria Station to Groenkloof. This was another new route.
10. Hatfield Station to Queenswood. New stops to be added at OR Tambo Building, Soutpansberg street; and Soutbansperg and Gordon roads.
Another new development within the Gautrain system was a park-and-ride facility which would be introduced at Emperors Palace. This would allow passengers to park their cars and board a Gautrain bus to Rhodesfield Station, which was increasingly facing capacity constraints at its parking facility.
Gautrain users can download detailed bus routes and maps on the Gautrain website at www.gautrain.co.za, or contact the Gautrain Call Centre on 0800 428 87246 for further information.
Edited by: Creamer Media Reporter© Reuse this Comment Guidelines
Other Public Transport News
Updated 29 minutes ago The Department of Science and Technology (DST) will have a budget of R6.47-billion for the financial year 2014/2015, it was reported on Tuesday. More than half of this (R3.5-billion), Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor noted in her budget speech to...
Updated 1 hour 5 minutes ago JSE-listed speciality chemicals group AECI on Tuesday announced that it expected to report higher earnings per share (EPS) and headline earnings per share (HEPS) for the six months ended June 30, mainly owing to the sale of the group’s surplus property assets at...
Updated 1 hour 18 minutes ago The affordability assessments undertaken by credit providers were set to be standardised, with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) planning to publish draft regulations for public comment at the end of July. As the over-indebtedness levels of South Africa’s...
Recent Research Reports
Real Economy Year Book 2014 (PDF Report)
This edition drills down into the performance and outlook for a variety of sectors, including automotive, construction, electricity, transport, steel, water, coal, gold, iron-ore and platinum.
Real Economy Insight: Automotive 2014 (PDF Report)
This four-page brief covers key developments in the automotive industry over the past 12 months, including an overview of South Africa’s automotive market, trade figures, production and the policies influencing the sector.
Real Economy Insight: Construction 2014 (PDF Report)
This five-page brief covers key developments in the construction industry over the past 12 months. It provides an overview of the sector and includes details of employment in the sector, infrastructure and municipal spending, as well as insight into companies’...
Real Economy Insight: Electricity 2014 (PDF Report)
This five-page brief covers key developments in the electricity industry over the past 12 months, including details of State-owned power utility Eskom’s generation activities, funding and tariffs, independent power producers and prospects for the sector.
Real Economy Insight: Road and Rail 2014 (PDF Report)
This six-page brief covers key developments in the road and rail industries over the past 12 months, including details of South Africa’s road and rail network and prospects for both sectors.
Real Economy Insight: Steel 2014 (PDF Report)
This four-page brief covers key developments in the steel industry over the past 12 months. It provides an overview of the global and South African steel and stainless steel markets, South Africa’s major steel producers and events that have shaped these markets.
This Week's Magazine
Local aerospace company Denel Aerostructures (DAe), part of the State-owned Denel Group, has won a fourth contract to manufacture parts for the Airbus A400M military air transport and air-to-air refuelling aircraft. The new contract, which was won in an international...
Although CEO Mark McChlery and chief marketing officer Bob Skinstad likened themselves to children in a playground when taking on the task of “reengineering and repositioning” the Seartec brand, the “young, dynamic and enthusiastic guys” were like proud...
An increasing number of buyers, in both the new and used car markets, are opting for finance structures that lower their monthly repayments, says asset financing company WesBank. These include the use of large balloon payments (also known as residuals), as well as...
Tertiary education institutions can use search engine giant Google’s Chromebook to provide secure mobile end-point devices for students on which they can share documents, work collaboratively on documents and access education materials and applications being used...
Local ceiling and partition company Abbeycon has beaten global competition at the Saint-Gobain Gypsum International Trophy competition, which was held last month in Berlin, Germany.