Nov 15, 2012
Gautrain introduces new bus routes, stopsBack
Johannesburg|Pretoria|ABSA Bank|Denel|Gautrain|Road|Roads|Rosebank|Shell|System|Boston College|Centurion Station|Denel Irene Campus|Emperors Palace|Gautrain|Melrose Arch|MIDRAND STATION|Park Station|Pretoria Station|Reef Hotel|RHODESFIELD STATION|Rosebank Station|Shell Garage|Waterfall Estate Hospital|Building|Service|Gautrain|Francis Baard|Gautrain|Harrison|Johannes Ramokhoase|Lilian Ngoyi|Marshall
© Reuse this
Bombela said “these enhancements” were the result of customer feedback. It added that the changes would enable the Gautrain system to “better serve its customers”, while also attracting new users.
Routes and stops from the following stations were on the cards:
2. Rosebank Station to Killarney. This was a new route that would be added to the Gautrain network.
3. Rosebank Station to Melrose Arch. New stops were to be added at Sascoc, in Atholl Oaklands.
4. Rhodesfield Station to Emperors Palace, which was another new route to be added to the network.
5. Midrand Station to Noordwyk. New stops to be added at the Unisa School of Business Leadership, Janadel avenue; 6th & 5th roads; 6th road opposite Shell garage; 14th road and Skurweberg street.
6. Midrand Station to Sunninghill. New stops to be added at Maxwell drive and Allandale road; as well as at Waterfall Estate Hospital.
7. Centurion Station to Technopark. New stops to be added at Eco Fusion; Nellmapius drive and Sand street; and Denel Irene Campus, Nellmapius drive.
8. Pretoria Station to Pretoria central business district. New stops to be added at the Nursing Academy, Struben & Lilian Ngoyi (formerly van der Walt) streets; Sisulu (formerly Prinsloo) and Johannes Ramokhoase (formerly Proes) streets; Francis Baard (formerly Schoeman) and Du Toit streets; Francis Baard (formerly Schoeman) and Meintjies streets; Troye and Park streets; Kotze and Jubilee streets; and Kotze and Inez streets.
9. Pretoria Station to Groenkloof. This was another new route.
10. Hatfield Station to Queenswood. New stops to be added at OR Tambo Building, Soutpansberg street; and Soutbansperg and Gordon roads.
Another new development within the Gautrain system was a park-and-ride facility which would be introduced at Emperors Palace. This would allow passengers to park their cars and board a Gautrain bus to Rhodesfield Station, which was increasingly facing capacity constraints at its parking facility.
Gautrain users can download detailed bus routes and maps on the Gautrain website at www.gautrain.co.za, or contact the Gautrain Call Centre on 0800 428 87246 for further information.
Edited by: Creamer Media Reporter© Reuse this Comment Guidelines (150 word limit)
Updated 6 minutes ago Angola's liquefied natural gas plant faces major reconstruction to fix design flaws and corrosion of nearly-new equipment, threatening to extend a lengthy closure and pushing unofficial estimates of the project's cost to at least $12-billion. US oil group Chevron,...
Updated 31 minutes ago Collusion within the construction industry undermined government's efforts towards social and economic transformation, Deputy Labour Minister Patekile Holomisa said on Monday. "In South Africa, 2013 will always be remembered as the time in which anti-competitive...
Recent Research Reports
Road and Rail 2014: A review of South Africa's road and rail infrastructure (PDF report)
Creamer Media’s Road and Rail 2014 report examines South Africa’s road and rail transport system, with particular focus on the size and state of the country’s road and rail network, the funding and maintenance of these respective networks, and the push to move road...
Real Economy Year Book 2014 (PDF Report)
This edition drills down into the performance and outlook for a variety of sectors, including automotive, construction, electricity, transport, steel, water, coal, gold, iron-ore and platinum.
Real Economy Insight: Automotive 2014 (PDF Report)
This four-page brief covers key developments in the automotive industry over the past 12 months, including an overview of South Africa’s automotive market, trade figures, production and the policies influencing the sector.
Real Economy Insight: Construction 2014 (PDF Report)
This five-page brief covers key developments in the construction industry over the past 12 months. It provides an overview of the sector and includes details of employment in the sector, infrastructure and municipal spending, as well as insight into companies’...
Real Economy Insight: Electricity 2014 (PDF Report)
This five-page brief covers key developments in the electricity industry over the past 12 months, including details of State-owned power utility Eskom’s generation activities, funding and tariffs, independent power producers and prospects for the sector.
Real Economy Insight: Road and Rail 2014 (PDF Report)
This six-page brief covers key developments in the road and rail industries over the past 12 months, including details of South Africa’s road and rail network and prospects for both sectors.
This Week's Magazine
While Ekurhuleni-based transformer manufacturer Reliable Transformers currently designs, manufactures and tests its products according to the SANS 780 specifications for distribution transformers and other applicable transformer specifications, it is working towards...
Global endpoint security solutions company Kaspersky Lab has introduced new measures to prevent cyber criminals from accessing sensitive data, alongside its malware-signature and heuristic device analysis detection methods. Threats to mobile devices have increased...
To ensure uptake and a positive impact, Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) networks in cities must be provided at schools, community centres and commercial centres to enable citizens and government to access information that will improve access to and delivery of services....
Eco-estate Monaghan Farm, located near Lanseria airport, north-west of Johannesburg, has taken a new approach to modern living and sustainability with its 517 ha development, dedicated to farm living.
Forklift and lift-truck distributor Goscor Lift Hi-Reach launched the Genie SX-180, the tallest self-propelled super boom in Africa, in Johannesburg last month. “As the official distributor of the well-known Genie range of equipment in Southern Africa, we are pleased...