FRAMECAD®’s technologically advanced manufacturing solutions produce cost-effective, lightweight steel framing components quickly and efficiently, either at the client’s own factory or through the FRAMECAD® global network. These include framing systems, roofing, flooring, walls and trusses. FrameCAD is the world’s most advanced end-to-end steel frame design and manufacturing system, allowing one to mass-produce cold formed steel frames with precision and accuracy as determined by the system. The system is fast-growing in the Sub Sahara African market, and FrameCAD has been at the forefront in supplying the manufacturing systems/roll-formers. Coupled with the design, engineering and detailing software that FrameCAD has developed, their clients have gained market share in their respective markets. Intelligent FRAMECAD® software, incorporating computer aided engineering, makes the process of engineering, designing and detailing each project, fast, simple and highly accurate. This ensures every building is not only cost-effective, but also durable and fit for purpose.
The Southern African light Steel Frame building Association (SASFA) has stated that South Africa in particular, has seen an increase in demand for light steel trusses as a logical substitute for expensive timber as well as demand for heavy steel trusses. The largest consumer of these trusses so far has been the Department of Human Settlements, through the rapid delivery of low-cost housing.
Light steel trusses are not only the perfect substitute for timber and heavy steel due to cost, but also primarily because they are:
• Strong: Highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building material; meet very tough performance standards.
• Inorganic: Will not rot, warp, split, crack, creep,support mould growth, or be eaten by termites and other insects.
• Dimensionally stable: Do not expand or contract with moisture content.
• Consistent material quality: No regional variance incomposition performance; meet international standards,global requirements.
• Non-combustible: Do not burn, and will not contribute fuel to the spread of a fire.
• Earthquake resistant: Superior seismic performance due to steel’s ductility.
• Speed: Faster erection and delivery time –
»» Up to 25% faster than wood.
»» Up to 50% faster than concrete.
• Weight: Lighter than other framing materials –
»» Up to 30% lighter than wood.
»» Up to 60% lighter than concrete.
ABOUT LIGHT STEEL FRAME BUILDING
The advent of light steel frame building in South Africa is one of the most exciting developments in recent times in the steel and building industries. While this method of building has been used in the US, Europe and Australia for decades, it was only recently introduced onto our shores. It offers quality, cost efficiency and speedy erection of low-rise residential and non-residential buildings. – SASFA
For more information and inquiry, contact our SA based FRAMECAD Sales Manager, Sello Tlhotlhalemajoe, +27 82 6993740 or +27 110645760; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org