eTHALA MANAGEMENT SERVICES /eTHALA POWER SYSTEMS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
eTHALA BIOMASS-TO-POWER PROJECT
Consultancy Services for Project Preparation/Development Activities
1. eThala Management Services has received a Project Preparation Grant (PPG) from the Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA) administrated by the African Development Bank to undertake project preparation/development activities for the proposed eThala Biomass-to-Power Project to approach bankability and reach financial close.
2. The principal objectives of the PPG are to support the structuring of a bankable business case that is able to catalyze the commitment of financial partners for the development and construction of up to 10MW installed capacity of Biomass (forestry/agricultural waste and wood processing waste)-to-Power Plant(s), to be located in Harding (200KM south of Durban) in the Kwa Zulu Natal (KZN) Province of South Africa.
3. It is intended to apply part of the PPG for payments under separate contracts for consultancy services for;
(i) Environmental & Social Impact Assessment (ESIA). To conduct a full and comprehensive ESIA for the project in compliance with AfDB Environmental & Social Safeguards Policy as well as IFC Performance Standards.
(ii) Detailed Engineering Designs – to include but not be limited to, process engineering, plant layout, plant sizing, control systems & panels, electromechanical component designs, plant specifications, geotechnical surveys, geodetic surveys, plant foundations designs, utilities and services, site layout and architectural and structural designs for ancillary buildings. This component would also include the grid interconnection study and design of requisite grid interconnection infrastructure.
(iii) Financial/Transaction Advisory Services – to include but not be limited to project financial modelling, financing risks & mitigation measures, project/deal structuring and capital raising
(iv) Legal Advisory Services – to include but not be limited to initial legal due diligence on the SPV structure and conclusion of shareholding/ownership structure, draft and support sponsors with negotiation of PPA terms, draft and support sponsors with negotiation and conclusion of Feedstock Supply Agreements, Transport/Logistics contracts, EPC contract as well review and negotiate finance & security documents
4. eThala Management Systems now invites eligible consultancy companies to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested companies must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification. All the Consulting firms including JV partners must have been legally registered for at least 5 years giving a brief description of each job undertaken, the funding source(s), amount of contract and information on the employer. Firms should also submit; (a) Copies of Certificates of incorporation or Registration of the consulting firm/ with joint venture (if any) and, (b) Company Profile, (c) Parties should have reference sites of similar running gasification power plants with proof of recent continuous hours.
5. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy Framework for Bank Group Funded Operations as approved in October 2015” and as amended from time to time, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. The selection method to be used, is the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS).
6. Please note that interest expressed by a Company does not imply any obligation on the part eThala Management Services to include it in the shortlist or to continue with the tender as outlined within this EOI.
7. Interested consultants may obtain further information by email to the address provided below.
8. Expressions of interest must be delivered electronically to the email address below by 22nd December, 2017 by 17:00 South Africa Time.
eThala Management Services
8 San Marcelo, 8 Marianhill Road, Pinetown. 3610