End-to-end digital solutions provider BCX will sell its information and communications technology (ICT) training solutions subsidiary Netcampus.
Netcampus managing executive Tebogo Makgatho will buy a 70% interest and Telkom enterprise development programme Telkom FutureMakers will acquire the remaining 30% stake.
As a result of this sale, Netcampus will be able to reach a larger customer base and will be able to focus on its core strengths and more effectively compete in the ICT sector with a stronger market offering. It will also be able to pursue opportunities outside of the BCX group of companies.
“Skills and enterprise development, along with empowering black- and women-owned businesses is a top priority for BCX. Even though Netcampus is one of our niche subsidiaries, we feel that this sale allows it the chance to become a major player in the ICT learning and development space,” comments BCX CEO Ian Russell.
Makgatho adds that Netcampus is excited to build an organisation that can expand ICT learning and development solutions beyond the BCX network.
Netcampus will still remain a service provider to BCX and Telkom Group.